We're back behind the brand again today, this time chatting to our Creative Brand Manager, Holly. Read on to see what a typical day looks like, how she got her role & her tips for those wanting to work in fashion...
1. What is your role here at EGO?
Creative Brand Manager
2. What does a typical day look like for you?
It’s varied; one day I can be in the office working on the next campaign, creating the home page, working on Instagram, in the studio shooting content, and the next on location on a campaign shoot. I do everything from writing copy, creating features and creating and coordinating campaign ideas; basically everything visual and brand related I oversee.
3. How did you get into your role?
After graduating uni where I gained a degree in Fashion Journalism, I went straight into working in fashion magazines in London. After 4 years there I moved back to Manchester and became the Creative Exec at another big online fashion retailer where I spent 3 years. And from there, got the role as Creative Brand Manager at EGO.
4. What’s your favourite part of the job?
I love the creativity and variety of it, and being able to build on an already amazing brand.
5. What’s been your best memory since starting the job?
Introducing our campaign shoots at EGO
6. What are you looking forward to in the future?
Building the EGO brand to be even bigger.
7. Who’s been the best influencer/celeb you’ve worked with?
In past jobs I’ve worked on campaigns with Pamela Anderson and Amber Rose.
8. What’s been your favourite trend you’ve seen over the years?
I’ll always love 90s grunge, but I’m also a big fan of blogger-style minimalism.
9. What's one fashion item you can't live without?
Coats! I'm obsessed with coats (fur especially) and have so many I've lost count. I'm currently rotating between my old favourite leopard print fur and camo oversized jacket but am already on the lookout for more...
10. If you could give one piece of advice to someone with an interview for a fashion brand, what would it be?
Do your research and know exactly what you’re talking about!
Time for more Behind The Brand?