We say either go bold or go home this party season, and with a painted matte deep red lip, we’ve chosen bold all the way. Our make-up artist Nina talked us through how to get a Kylie Jenner worthy pout, plus a few tips on how to make your colour longer lasting and see you through the whole night (yep, even the walk of shame. Probably).
1. Firstly, if you really want your lipstick to stay put all night, you’re going to need to exfoliate your lips first. Use a lip scrub and exfoliate away.
2. Next apply a non-oily lip balm to keep your lips hydrated. Matte lipsticks in particular can really dry your lips out which is not a sexy look.
3. Pat a little concealer over your lips. This will act as a primer of sorts to keep your lipstick in place.
4. Then use a concealer on the skin around your lips – this will act as a barrier so your lipstick doesn’t bleed into your skin.
5. Outline your lips with a matching lip pencil to your lipstick. If you want the appearance of bigger lips, outline just outside of your natural lip line (but not too much, you want this to look natural).
6. Now fill in your lips with your lipstick. We prefer to use a lipstick brush for a smoother application.
Take a tissue and dab your lips once, then dust a translucent powder over the top to keep it in place.
Apply another, this time lighter, layer of lipstick on top and you’re party ready.
Time for more EGO?