Introducing the next edition of our #EGOUNLOCKED series. The place where we discover raw, new talent and give these babes a platform to talk about their talents, work and loves. Today we're chatting to the gorgeous @rainymilo, a 21 year old singer-songwriter from London.
1. Hey Rainy, we love you! So how did you get into the music biz?
Hey EGO ILY! I honestly just fell into it. I’ve always loved music and I would write songs at home for fun. One day I recorded a song with a friend in their bedroom and posted it online. From there it got such a great reaction I decided to continue and now I’m here!
2. What does a typical day in the life of Rainy Milo look like?
Anything from rehearsing my show with my dancers for 6 hours, to writing at home alone all day when I’m feeling really inspired. I often travel to record music so I’ll sometimes spend a solid few months hiding from the world in the studio everyday for hours, which is my favourite type of day.
3. If you could perform for one night only with 3 other artists, who would you choose and why?
Amy Winehouse because I’m so sad I never got the chance to see her live when she was still with us. N.E.R.D because I’m such a huge fan and still haven’t seen them live yet. I would also bring Sade along too as I love her music.
4. Describe your personal style in a Tweet - you’ve got 140 characters!
Tomboy with a dash of femme fatale.
5. Fav trend RN?
I’m loving fishnet tights and I never thought I would say that.
6. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Every time I watch my favorite show Rick and Morty.
7. If you were a mood ring, what colour would you be?
I would be a light aqua blue, I think it's a color that’s pretty chill like me.
8. Current food obsession?
Hot wings forever.
9. Proudest moment to date?
I was really proud of the show I did with my dancers last month in London. I haven’t performed at home in so long so I was really happy and proud to be home doing what I love.
10. What does 2017 hold for Rainy Milo and where can we find you?
I’ll be releasing my new project this year so I’ll see you all at my upcoming shows I have planned. You can listen to me at soundcloud.com/rainymilo
RAINY'S HOT PICKS:
Time for more EGO?